What are some of the basic exclusions on a homeowners policy?
A homeowners policy does not provide coverage for the following perils (check your policy for specifics):
- loss due to flood, or water that backs up through sewers
- loss to building by earthquake, aftershocks and mud slides
- loss by enforcement law or ordinance regulating construction, repair or demolition, or zoning
- loss due to power interruption when the interruption takes place off the residence property
- loss due to neglect of the insured to save and preserve property following a loss
- war and nuclear perils
- intentional loss .